The Department of Anthropology does not require a capstone experience, but offers several options for completing one. Students who do not choose options 1 or 2 below may enroll in Anthropology 4999, "Capstone Experience" during one semester of their senior year.
- Those students who demonstrate academic excellence may write an honors thesis.
- Completion of one of the following research or writing courses with a C or better:
- Anthropology 4343, Behavioral Research at the St. Louis Zoo
- Anthropology 4481, Writing Culture
- Anthropology 489, Pathways to Domestication
- Students in any 400-level course in the department may ask the instructor for permission to simultaneously enroll in the one-credit course, Anthropology 4999, "Capstone Experience." The instructor and student will develop an individualized plan for expanding the normal content of the course into a capstone experience.